Front Page > Ringo Starr News
Ringo announces 10th All Star Band summer tour
Thursday February 14, 2008 Los Angeles, CA -- 2008 continues to be a very busy year for Ringo Starr, fresh off launching his new CD Liverpool 8, he announced today that he will be touring the US and Canada this summer. The 10th All Starr-studded ensemble will include returning All Starrs (in alphabetical order): Colin Hay, Billy Squier, Hamish Stuart, Edgar Winter, and first timer Gary Wright and on drums, Gregg Bissonette.
In its 10th incarnation, the All Starrs will continue to inspire audiences of all ages and backgrounds. No other single stage produces the hits like Ringo's All Starrs, each singularly accomplished in their own right. They are artists who complement Ringo and share his message of peace and love. As Ringo said in a recent interview, "My live shows are a peace-and-love fest. That's my main promotion, really."
Since 1989, Ringo and his All Starr Tours have rocked sold out venues with great musicians who love to play. Each of the All Starrs lend their most popular songs to the set which already boasts Ringo's impressive hit list that includes, "With a Little Help From My Friends", "Yellow Submarine", "Photograph" and "It Don't Come Easy".
The 31 US and Canadian tour dates will begin June 19 at Fallsview Casino in Niagra Falls, Ontario, with a show at New York's Radio City in the first week on June 24 and wrapping up at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles August 2nd 2008.
Here are the first set of dates, with the remaining itinerary to follow soon.
- 19 - Fallsview Casino, Niagara Falls, ON
- 20 - Fallsview Casino, Niagra Falls, ON
- 21 - Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY
- 22 - Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT
- 24 - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY
- 25 - Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA
- 27 - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
- 28 - Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort, Atlantic City, NJ
- 29 - North Fork Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, NY
- 2 - Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA
For updates please visit Ringo's Official website.
Published February 14, 2008